A Balanced, Responsible Budget: SB 230
Begins to restore cuts to education, increases investment in prevention, child welfare, mental health and state infrastructure. [read more]
2. Completing Unfinished Business: SB 11 & SB 33
Civil unions and ASSET. Everyone knew it was the least we would do.
3. Medicaid Expansion: SB 200
Implementation of health care reform is well underway, and the number of uninsured Coloradans will continue to decline.
4. Proposed School Finance Reform: SB 213
If votes approve a tax increase this new school finance formula would become effective, providing thorough and effective funding and reforms.
5. Elections Modernization Legislation: HB 1303
Mail ballots for all voters and more ways to register and vote make it easier than ever for eligible voters to exercise their rights.
6. Jobs & Economy Investments: HB 1001, HB 1002, HB 1004, HB 1287
Reforming enterprise zones, continuing job creation incentives and investing in job training, advanced industries and small business development.
7. Gun Safety Legislation: HB 1224, HB 1228, HB 1229, SB 195, SB 197
These bills took on a life of their own and became the defining issue of the session, but they enjoy wide support.
8. Wildfire Response & Mitigation: SB 245, SB 269, SB 270, SB 288
Paying claims related to Lower North Fork Fire, studying responses and making fuels reduction grants to clear beetle-killed pines.
9. Promoting Renewable Energy: SB 252
Increases the required percentage of electricity generated by renewable sources for rural electric cooperatives.
10. Taxing & Regulating Marijuana: SB 283, HB 1317 & HB 1318
Implementing the will of the voters by establishing a regulatory framework and referring proposed taxes to the ballot for approval this November.
11. Future Tax Reforms: HB 1295 & SB 1
Preparing for federal authorization of state jurisdiction to impose taxes on internet sales, and investing new revenues in tax relief for working families.
Thank you to State Representative Paul Rosenthal and State Senators Irene Aguilar and Pat Steadman for all your hard work!